Student Support Program (SSP)
Immediate and confidential counselling available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Attending college or university can be a wonderful and exciting life experience. But it can also be a time of tremendous stress as you learn to navigate a new school, living away from home, making new friends, managing your finances, and more. The Student Support Program (SSP) is a confidential and voluntary support service available to you at any time, day or night. Connect with a counsellor in your language of choice to talk about a variety of issues, including:
- family and friends
- mental health issues
The SSP is completely confidential within the limits of the law, so no one – including your family, friends, or professors – will ever know used the program unless you choose to tell them.
No additional charge for students enrolled in schools that have signed up.
How the SSP will help you stay healthy and happy while studying
- 24/7 on-demand support. Confidential counselling, including crisis support, available night and day via phone and online chat.
- Experienced professionals. Professionally trained counsellors with experience dealing with the challenges faced by students.
- No wait. Most appointments for in-person, telephone or video counselling booked at first outreach if you need more support.
- No extra cost. Instant access at no additional charge for students enrolled in schools that have signed up for the SSP.
SSP counselling services
- Telephone. Communicate with a counsellor over the telephone. Appointment required. CALL 1.855.649.8641.
- Video. Virtually meet with a counsellor from home or another private setting. Appointment required. CALL 1.855.649.8641.
- First Chat. Instant online chat with a counsellor anytime, anywhere. No appointment required.CHAT now.